Sunday, January 13, 2008

audience, purpose, and design

There is always a purpose to my writing like the book says. I am either writing to persuade, for fun, or make people think about the subject I am writing on. The purpose of my writing is usually to make a person believe that what I am writing is correct and the thoughts I have is the way we all should think, even if it isn’t. But that is why I write, to persuade a person to believe in my thoughts. Such as when I write a term paper, I am writing to make the teacher or the person grading it think that I know what I am talking about. Which is why I back it up with information, quotes and sources to persuade the reader that what I am writing is believable and correct. The purpose is to get a good grade. Same thing with writing for fun, the purpose is to have fun with what I am writing, to enjoy it and to have pride in it when I am finished.
The audience also plays a large role in my writing. Because whenever I write something there is always an audience I am trying to target but in most of the writing that i have been doing latley it is for the real audence. Such as when I write a term paper, I’m trying to target my teacher. When I write a poem or rhyme I am trying to target the intended audience that I know will be listening to it so that I know they will appreciate, and like it. The audience in my mind will always play a role in writing because they are the ones you are trying to get interested and persuade. Which are some of the reasons why we write.
The book talks about design as the way that we illustrate highlight or design our text. I personally never really use these tools in my writing because I really don’t believe it makes a huge difference. I guess if you are writing a comic design is important because you haft to have illustrations but in most cases I really don’t believe design plays a role in my writing but I could be wrong.
Over all Purpose and audience is what forms and is what I think of when I am writing a paper, storey, or poem, and all play a large role in literature/writing. As far as design goes I don’t think that it is necessary in writing, or at least the writing I do.

No comments: