Thursday, March 13, 2008

Parallelism

The chapter starts on page 129; page 144 is where it ends.

-The chapter starts on page 129 and goes to page 144.

Betty is pretty, kind, and has charm.

-Betty is extremely pretty, very kind, and has a lot of charm.

If you go to the drugstore, please remember to pick up Nick’s prescription, buy some toothpaste, and to look for a birthday card.

-If you go to the drug store please, remember to pick up Nick's prescription, buy some toothpaste, and purchase a birthday card.

I spent an hour with Ms. King reviewing my job performance, assessing my goals, and my future with the company was also discussed.

-I spent an hour with Ms. King Reviewing my my job performance, assessing my goals, and also analyzing my future with the company.

The dog’s size, how friendly he was, and temperament made him a good choice for our family.

-The dog's size, friendliness, and temperament made his a good choice for our family.

Janice was the most admired person in the family, also the most independent person and the most ambitious.

-Janice was the most admired, independent, and ambitious person in the family.

Leo’s day is so long that he gets up at 5:00 a.m., leaves for work at 5:30 a.m., eating dinner at 10 p.m., and goes to bed at 1:00 a.m.

-Leo is so busy that he gets up at 5:00 a.m., leaves for work at 5:30 a.m., eats dinner at 10 p.m., and gets in bed at 1 a.m.

No comments: