Thursday, March 20, 2008

Project Proposal

I’m still not absolutely sure what topic I am exactly going to target; I think I want to go with Donnie Darko, Reservoir Dogs, or Requiem of a Dream. I’m just having double making a decision on which one I would like to do because they are all very interesting films that I believe could be called almost artistic in the ways they were made. I would like to write about Donnie Darko because I have watched it three times and I still don’t really understand parts or the end of it but I also thought that it was an interesting and wired movie. I would like to write about Reservoir Dogs because it is a Tarintino movie so that in its self describes why I would like to write about it. Terintnos way of editing his films and having them come together and make sense at the end after you see all the pieces of the puzzle I think is amazing and a real talent. And the other film Requiem of a dream is a good film to write about because it is a sick disturbing dark insightful movie that shows the consequences of drug abuse, and has a very strange dark way of getting a very important point across which I think is amazing. I brought up film reviews for all 3 of these films as a way to see what the review was for each and to see how many stars they got as a way to see which film was the most popular as a way judge which one I should choose. I got three reviews from IMDB, one for each movie, as well as another two from Roger Ebert and one more from a random source because movie reviews are a very common form of analysis, and I want to get good ideas about all the movies.

Requiem of a dream http://aronofksy.tripod.com/requiemrereview.html
Reservoir dog’s http://www.angelfire.com/movies/oc/reservoir.html
Donnie Darko http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040820/REVIEWS/408200303
All- IMDB.com

1 comment:

Andrea Stemaly said...

Josh-
These are all interesting movies that would make for a good discussion!