Thursday, March 13, 2008

skills activity

The red wheelbarrow
1 I personally thought that this piece was not well written at all. No even thought I’m not one that knows everything about poetry it seems to me this person just picked out an object in his yard at random and said 4 random irrelevant facts about it. It may go a lot deeper than I am thinking about it but it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Roommate- that is the dumbest thing I have ever read how does that even get published.

2 I reacted the way I did because I think that this poem isn’t really a quality piece of literature. There has to be more to this topic than they are letting us see but to me I just think that the whole thing is irrelevant to anything. Who really cares that its next to the chickens, and what depends on it if it so important.

Roommate- I think this way because why would anybody want to read about a wheelbarrow. No one that’s the most boring poem I have ever heard so I think that it sucks because in my eyes it does.

4 The author wants us to believe that the wheelbarrow is important, that there is something extremely special about this piece of equipment, but because he doesn’t give me an idea of why it is so important I don’t really find it a very interesting or fun piece to read. They strayed from the main idea of writing, “ keep readers attention.” He failed me because I'm not interested.

Roommate- I don’t care what he wants me to believe, it sucks.

5 I know what I know what I know about the object from the small bit of information the author gives me. Its by the chickens, glazed in water, red, important. That’s it so it’s a description of the wheelbarrow. The little tidbits he gave me is all I know about this item.

Roommate-I don’t know anything because this author doesn’t give me any thing to know about it.


I think that this piece is very well written, my roommate thought similar thoughts as myself but had a few different choice words I chose to edit for my blog. This piece I believe was either written by a 5 year old or by someone so deep in thought he didn’t care about the reader. Now while I was more incite full and analytical in the way I wrote trying to see both sides of the argument, my roommate was more critical and in a way angry about the ether his or the authors ignorance.

No comments: